Hyde Park Venture Partners, with our strategic partner Hyde Park Angels, is dedicated to developing partnerships with early-stage companies looking for their first round of capital to bridge the gap between initial seed and later stage venture capital investments. Hyde Park Venture Partners has developed a specific set of criteria that is crucial to the initial development of such a partnership. Firms do not need a formal business plan to be considered, but should at least have an executive summary or presentation.
Criteria we look for in companies
- Geography: Located in the Midwest. Companies not in the MW that have a graduate of the University of Chicago will also be considered
- Stage: Raising between $750,000 and $2,500,000. We generally invest in companies with pre-money valuations of less than $7 million
- Management: TENACIOUS management that is financially vested in the venture, and has expertise within the market of the venture
- Market: The company addresses a high growth market (20% CAGR minimum), or a large market with a demonstrated strategy to obtain market share
- Differentiation: Company differentiates itself from competitors with a clear competitive advantage
- Traction: Product or service is past proof-of-concept stage with trial or paying customers