Connect with us
Our strategy is early-stage Midwest focused
HPVP is an early stage venture fund focused on software startups in the Midwest. With offices in Chicago and Indianapolis and a network of advisors throughout the Midwest, the firm invests in startups with $500K to $3M in revenue, raising their first institutional round of capital. Example investments include high growth B2B software startups Geofeeedia, Farmlogs and Ahalogy. The investing team is a combination of experienced operators, strategists and investors and helps it's portfolio companies scale with a strong network of talent and go-to-market experience. HPVP draws on its strategic relationship with Hyde Park Angels (HPA) to provide industry and business expertise to its portfolio companies; HPVP's principals, Tim Kopp, Ira Weiss and Guy Turner, take an active role in mentoring and guiding portfolio companies in product development, business strategy, financing and exit through both formal director roles and informal mentorship relationships.
What we look for in startups
- Geography: Located in or with a strong connection to the Midwest
- Stage: Raising between $750,000 and $4,000,000 in a first or second institutional round
- Management: TENACIOUS management, financially vested and with market expertise
- Market: High growth or large market with a demonstrated strategy to obtain market share
- Progress: Product or service is past proof-of-concept stage with trial or paying customers
Hyde Park Venture Partners is dedicated to developing partnerships with early-stage companies looking for their first or second round of capital to bridge the gap between initial seed and later stage venture capital investments.
Values that guide us
We respect and celebrate entrepreneurs and their ideas
We are responsive, tenacious and we do what we say
We communicate openly and honestly about fact and emotion
We make data driven decisions
We believe that rewards should accrue to those who create value